|Marlene Siff. United Kingdom|
2011 Acrylic on Linen 91.5x94x15 cm. | 36x37x6 in., US$ 18,000.00 2.Elegy,
2017 Acrylic on Linen 233x266x48 cm. | 92x105x19 in., US$ 30,000.00 3.
Full Spectrum, 2011 Acrylic on Linen 48.5x162x45.5 cm | 19x64x18 in.,
US$ 25,000.00 4.History
and Geography, 2012 Acrylic on Linen 160x147x38 cm. | 63x58x15 in., US$
20,000.00 5.Humanity, 2012
Acrylic on Linen 93.5x116.5x48.5 cm. | 37x46x19 in., US$ 20,000.00 6.In
Perpetuity, 2012 Acrylic on Linen 45.5x147x30 cm. | 18x58x12 in., US$
20,000.00 7.Legato, 2017
Acrylic on Linen 121x155x20 cm. | 48x61x8 in., US$ 20,000.00 8.Neo
Gothic, 2012 Acrylic on Linen 114x193x35.5 cm. | 45x76x14 in., US$
35,000.00 9.Septet, 2016
Acrylic on Linen 182x223x20 cm. | 72x88x8 in., US$ 25,000.00
10.Staccato, 2017 Acrylic on Linen 182.5x182.5x30
cm | 72x72x 11 in., US$ 25,000.00 11.Survival,
2011 Acrylic on Linen 66x132x25.5 cm. | 26x52x10 in., US$ 18,000.00 12.Truth,
Politics, Lies, 2012 Acrylic on Linen 109x104x40 cm. | 43x41x16 in., US$
I am concerned with communicating a sense of harmony, balance, order and spirituality. We are all confronted on a daily basis with the fragmentation of our nonlinear lives, trying, as in a puzzle, to make the pieces fit together to make sense of it all. My paintings, works on paper, and sculpture depict imagery of personal events and psychological issues. They are expressed through geometric shapes, color, light, space, texture, edges and movement each interplaying with one another engaging the viewer to participate.
In my last body of work entitled “Elements of Peace”, I embarked on a series of white paintings that abandoned my signature bold palette. These paintings, from the Elements of Peace series, pay homage to people who have been affected by war. White is soft, quiet, spiritual, unadorned
and full of infinite possibilities. My intention was to create an architectural space for rest, retreat, connection, reflection and identification.
I am presently working on a new body of work related to music. I studied classical piano for more than 10 years as a child and always listened to music when I work. The rhythm, structure and sounds influence the shapes, color, light, space and texture in my paintings.
The multi-dimensionality and multi-layering of my work reference what one must uncover to penetrate the illusions of reality to reach and embrace the mystery and essence of the soul. (Marlene Siff)
• 2018 The Dairy Arts Center, Boulder CO, Elements of Peace (Rebecca Cuscaden, Curator of Visual Arts).
• 2017 Fusion Art Gallery, Palm Springs, CA, Artist Spotlight Solo Online Art Exhibition (Gallery Director: Valerie Hoffman).
• 2017 Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc., Tarrytown, NY (Juror: Kathleen Reckling; Gallery Director, ArtsWestchester).
• 2012 Walsh Art Gallery in the Quick Center at Fairfield University, Fairfield, CT, Elements of Peace.
• 2010 Katonah Museum of Art Online Gallery, Katonah, NY.
• 2007 Walter Wickiser Gallery, New York, NY.
• 2005 Rosenthal Gallery at Rich Forum, Stamford, CT.
• 1999 The Lobby Gallery of The Durst Organization, Descriptive Geometries, New York, NY.
• 1999 National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD.
• 1993 Bergdorf Goodman, New York, NY.
• 1989 Paul Mellon Art Center at Choate Rosemary Hall, Wallingford, CT, Centennial Celebration.
Selected Group Exhibitions
• 2018 Monmouth Museum, Lincroft, NJ, 39th Annual Juried Art Exhibition (Jurors: Monmouth Museum Exhibition Committee).
• 2017 Allouche Gallery, New York, NY, Bombay Sapphire Artisan Series, Regional Finalist, (Bombay Sapphire National Curator: Andre Guichard).
• 2017 BWAC Black & White, Brooklyn, NY (Juror: Alison Hokanson, Assistant Curator for 19th Century European Painting at The Metropolitan Museum of Art).
• 2017 ArtsWestchester, White Plains, NY (Juror: Kathleen Reckling, Gallery Director, ArtsWestchester).
• 2017 Long Beach Island Foundation of the Arts & Sciences, Loveladies, NJ, NJC: Works on Paper Exhibition Summer 2017
Jane Panetta, Associate Curator, Whitney Museum of American Art, NY).
• 2017 Attleboro Arts Museum, Attleboro, MA, Line: A National Juried Exhibition 2017.
Kelly Bennett, Program Officer/Exhibitions Curator for the Massachusetts
• 2017 New Britain Museum of American Art, New Britain CT, Nor' Easter 47th Annual Juried Members Exhibition.
Sarah Fritchey, Curator and Director at Artspace, New Haven, CT; Min Jung Kim,
Director of New Britain Museum of American Art).
• 2017 Mattatuck Museum, Waterbury, CT, MixMaster @ The Matt (Juror: Meg White, Director/Owner of Gallery NAGA, Boston, MA).
• 2016 New Britain Museum of American Art, New Britain, CT, The Nor'Easter: 46th Annual Juried Members Exhibition.
• 2016 Embraer Executive Jets, Executive Showroom, Melbourne, FL, History and Geography and Triage, January 1 – December 31, 2016.
• 2015 Katonah Art Museum, Katonah, NY, Line Describing a Cone: Tri-State Juried Exhibition (Juror: Eva Respini, Curator at Museum of Modern Art, NY).
Selected Museum Collections
• B’Nai B’Rith Klutznick National Jewish Museum, Washington, DC.
Selected Corporate Collections and Commissions
• Duane Morris, LLP, New York, NY.
• Schiff Hardin LLP, New York, NY.
• Connecticut Congressman Jim Himes’ Office, Capitol Building, Washington, DC.
• Cornell Plantation’s Brian C. Nevin Welcome Center, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY.
• Dial Corporation, Phoenix, AZ.
• Lenox, Inc., Princeton, NJ.
• Hale and Door, Boston, MA.
• 2018 Condé Nast UK, House & Garden, March/April/May 2018 Issues, "The Art Edit".
• 2017 The Art Guide, November 2017 Issue, “Marlene Siff’s Artist Spotlight Solo Art Exhibition".
• 2017 Art Week, November 6, 2017, "Marlene Siff Wins Fusion Art's Artist Spotlight Solo Art Exhibition".
• 2016 Tradition and Transformation: Three Thousand Years of Jewish Art & Architecture by Ori Soltes.
• 2014 Westportmag.com, August 27, 2014, A Local Artist's Work Sends Meaningful Messages, Artist Marlene Siff of Westport by Kendra Wingate.
• 2014 Alumni & Friends of LaGuardia, Fall Issue 2014, Alumni Update.
• 2012 venü Magazine, September/October Issue, Artist Explores Elements of Peace by Nancy Helle.
• 2011 CT Post, Sunday January 30 Issue, Artist with a Cause: War, Peace Subjects of Great Importance to Westport Artist Siff by Phyllis Boros.
• 2011 Westport Magazine, January/February Issue, Honoring the Fallen Heroes of Afghanistan: Westport Artist's Work Installed in Nation's Capitol Selected Awards & Honors.
• 2017 Fusion Art Gallery, Palm Springs, CA, "Artist Spotlight" 3-D Category Solo Art Exhibition Winner.
• 2017 The Artbox/Project, Basel, Euro Airport, Swiss side, Saint-Louis, France, Basel 1.0, Certificate of Recognition, Neo Gothic.
• 2016 BWAC Color, Brooklyn, NY, Curator's Choice Award Staccato (Therese Urban, Curator; Juror: Lilian Tone, Assistant Curator, Museum of Modern Art).
• 2015 Katonah Museum of Art, Katonah, NY, Line Describing a Cone: Tri-State Juried Exhibition (Juror: Eva Respini, Curator at MoMa), Third Prize.
• 2015 Giles Gallery, Chautauqua Art Exhibition, Eastern Kentucky University College of Arts and Sciences, Richmond, KY, Theme Prize, Follow Your Dream and Breaking Free.
• 2014 Catalogue Raisonné Marlene Siff placed in the libraries of Washington DC National Gallery of Art, Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, Yale University Art Gallery, Memphis Brooks Museum of Art, Whitney Museum of American, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, and in the private library of Glen Lowry, Director of MoMA.